- Relevant issues of interest to our members
- County and state legislation
- Testimony requests and preparation
- Parters/coalitions and their activities, events and requests
- Internal structure and organization
- Event planning and coordination
- Progressive candidates to encourage and support
Monthly Meeting featuring Citizens' Climate Lobby
Our guest speaker is Colie Young from CCL, whose motto is "Political Will for a Livable World." In their words:
"Citizens’ Climate Lobby empowers people to experience breakthroughs in exercising their personal and political power. Our chapter is just one of hundreds of chapters across the world working to create the political will for a livable world. CCL is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, grassroots advocacy organization.
We are laser focused on a specific piece of legislation and a proven strategy to gain its passage. We are working for the passage of Carbon Fee and Dividend, the climate change solution economists and climate scientists alike say is the “best first-step” to preventing the worst impacts of a warming world."
Note: Our meetings are normally first Monday of each month. Due to Labor Day and the timing of the County Council meeting, it will be Tuesday in September.
Date: September 5th, 2017
Location: 49 West Coffeehouse, Winebar & Gallery