The Community Organizer has lead responsibility for building a collective of leaders for the organization. The Organizer is responsible for recruiting new supporters, engaging activists, and developing leaders who identify with and support the mission of Progressive Maryland. The Community Organizer leads the execution of grassroots organizing plans to further the programmatic goals of the organization.
- Meet 2021-2022 electoral door, phone, and recruitment goals
- Implement organizational outreach and organizing plans
- Ensure organizational base building goals are met
- Develop and execute grassroots strategies to further the campaigns of the organization
- Maintain outreach contacts in the organization’s database and utilize systems to track and evaluate progress toward our base building goals
- Use phones, social media, and community outreach to recruit and identify hot leads
- Ensure that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time
- Represent the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the campaign
- Develop a Progressive Maryland Chapter
- Raise money by creating positive leadership relationships with members
- Experience working on competitive field experience for an issue or electoral campaign.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN.
- Experience in phone banking and community outreach.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable, portable computer.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment.
- Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong coaching skills and ability to train member volunteers
- Familiarity with Maryland politics and experience in the state is a plus, but not required.
*Job Type: Full-time
*Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
*Travel: All positions require a car, laptop, and willingness to travel and work on the road throughout Maryland.
*Progressive Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBTQ people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]