The results (or at least most of them) are in! We used our voices and our votes to elect more women and people of color to offices up and down the ballot, to legalize cannabis, and to affirm our support of democracy! We’re taking some time this week and next to celebrate and to reflect on our 2022 electoral program and the overall election results.
That’s why we’re holding a virtual statewide election debrief this Thursday evening Nov.17 at 7:00 pm to discuss the results and what’s next. Please join us!
PM’s volunteers and leaders helped power us to victory in the Primary and in the General. We appreciate how many of them stepped up to bolster our voter turnout efforts when we needed them. The conversations they had with community members had a decisive impact on races in rural, suburban and urban districts across the state.
We made history! Wes Moore, Brooke Lierman, Anthony Brown will become our next Governor, Comptroller and Attorney General.
We recruited progressive candidates for our Slate and supported candidates from our MPLI program. We’re thrilled they won!
- Delegates Sheila Ruth (District 44B) and Jamila Woods (District 26 )
- Prince George’s County Councilmembers Edward Burroughs, Wala Blegay and Krystal Oriadha who is the frist openly LGBTQ person ever elected to the Council.
- Montgomery County Councilmembers Laurie-Anne Sayles (At-Large) and Natali Fani Gonzalez (District 6)
- Tiffany Jones, Democratic Party Central Committee, Baltimore City
- Ian Miller, Democratic Party Central Committee in Baltimore County
We organized to win another game changing ballot measure, Question 4, cannabis legalization, that passed overwhelmingly.
More progressive victories and results can be found on our website.
The Progressive Maryland Team