In our statewide virtual town hall TONIGHT, we will share our strategy to achieve our goals of addressing the crisis of structural racism and policing and demanding justice for our Black communities in Maryland.
If you have not done so already, click here to RSVP and join the conversation. from 5:30- 7 PM, virtually hosted by Progressive Maryland/Marylanders United.
Progressive Maryland is supporting a set of principles to address the crisis of policing and structural racism in Maryland. The principles include ending the war on drugs; ending mass incarceration; defunding the police and investing in community controlled harm prevention instead; funding healthcare, housing and education for Black communities; and addressing the Law Enforcement Officer’s Bill of Rights under the Maryland Code of Public Safety.
In our conversation TONIGHT, we will share our strategy to achieve these goals and demand justice for our Black communities in Maryland. See details in our recent blog post here.
If you have not done so already, click here to RSVP and join the conversation. From 5:30- 7 PM.
Our important conversation tomorrow is an official Movement for Black Lives (M4BL) event that acts as a prelude to a weekend-long action centered around Juneteenth. Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day, commemorates the June 19 emancipation date of enslaved people in the U.S. The M4BL is calling on everyone to mobilize this Juneteenth weekend, June 19-21, 2020, for three full days of action called Six Nineteen.
In tonight’s meeting, you will:
- Discuss and understand the intersection of racism, police brutality and mass incarceration in Maryland
- Hear from a representative from the Movement for Black Lives on the national strategy
- Hear from Delegate Gabriel Acevero on Maryland state policy and police accountability (read Acevero’s opinion article in Maryland Matters, “When Pain is the Prerequisite for Progress”)
- Get an update on Progressive Maryland’s principles to address the crisis of policing and structural racism in Maryland, and how you can help take action locally
- Learn more about upcoming Six Nineteen events across the state
We hope you will show up to our critical fight for racial justice and Black lives. See you tonight 5:30 PM!
Do you like this page?