With the failure of Republicans to offer a workable alternative to the Affordable Care Act, the time is now to push for universal health care. Join Frederick County Progressives for a march and rally calling on Maryland officials to support a single-payer, Medicare for All system. The event will take place on a national day of action to raise awareness of and support for National, Improved Medicare for All, as outlined in Bill HR-676, as the solution we need to our systemic health insurance crisis.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Margaret Flowers, PopularResistance.org
- Mike Hersh, National Communications Director, Progressive Democrats of America
- Rev. Carl Gregg, Minister, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Frederick
- Jim French, Leader, Healthcare is a Human Right Frederick
- Jessica Feltz, Owner and Accupuncturist, The Turning Point
- Kate MacShane, Clinical Social Work
- Sasha Czeh, Special Needs Parent, Women's March - Frederick
- Chris Adams, Healthcare recipient under the ACA
- James Van Kuilenburg, Support FCPS Trans Students
Marchers should gather at the Baker Park Bandshell at 3:00pm!
Rain time/location: C. Burr Artz Library Community Room from 3:00-4:30. Frederick County Public Libraries do not support or endorse the views of sponsors or presenters of this event (if rain location needed).
Do you like this page?